Adobong Pulang Sitaw (Long RED Beans) is a delicious and healthy Asian bean simply stirred with garlic, soya sauce and white pepper. This recipe is super simple to make, low carb, low fat, gluten free ( if you use tamari sauce), diabetic friendly and easy on the wallet!
You are going to love this recipe for Adobong Pulang Sitaw (Long RED Beans) as it requires only 5 simple ingredients in one-wok and can be on the table in less than 5 minutes for the vegan version.
If you have carnivores in the house like I do, I have a version with chicken and long red beans and it can be on the table in less than 7 minutes. You have to love that!
I plan to make this simple little Filipino stir fry for my parents when visiting back in Michigan. I will be making Adobong Pulang Sitaw (Long RED Beans with regular String beans as you might not be able to get long red beans unless you have access to an Asian market. However, this dish is just as delicious with regular string beans, just make sure to keep the beans aldente so they keep their delicious crunch.
- canola oil - 1 tablespoon
- garlic - 4 cloves minced
- chicken - optional (1/4 pound) cut into bite sized cubes
- Long Red Beans - 1 pound (approximately 450 grams ) washed, ends trimmed and cut into 2 inch lengths. (Can exchange with string beans)
- tamari (soy) sauce - 2 tablespoons or to taste
- white pepper - to taste
- garlic chives - optional- 2 teaspoons chopped
- Add your oil to the pan/wok and add the garlic and cook until just slightly aromatic, about 20-30 seconds. (If you want to serve with chicken add the chicken now and cook until just brown on all sides or about 3 minutes and season with soya (tamari sauce) and white pepper. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to keep warm.)
- Add the long red Asian beans to the pan and fry for about 1-2 minutes or until just tender. Season with soya sauce (tamari) and white pepper. (If cooking with chicken, add the chicken back to pan and toss well and adjust seasonings to taste)
- Serve Adobong Pulang Sitaw (Long RED Beans) with rice and enjoy!