I can see you over there on your computer wringing your hands and fretting because you are hosting a holiday dinner and you have no idea what to make.
Don’t fret! This time of the year can be stressful and you need some quick and simple answers to the most important question of the day, “What’s for dinner?” I want to help melt some of that stress away and share with you some of my tried and true recipes from Bam’s Kitchen that can dazzle a crowd for a dinner party.
One absolute must for me when entertaining is having a main dish that can be prepared in advance. I look forward to spending time with my guests and not slaving away in the kitchen. These top ten holiday dinner ideas can be prepared in advance so it can be cooking while you are entertaining your guests.
1) If you are not afraid of a culinary challenge, then the Timpano Pasta Dome http://bamskitchen.com/international-cuisines/italian-cuisine/timpano-italian-pasta-dome/ is sure to wow a big crowd. Once you cut into your master piece, it will reveal the layers of pasta, meatballs, sausage, cheese, eggs and other goodies hidden inside the flaky crust of the dome. You will have your friends, family and coworkers talking about this for years to come. All you need is a salad on the side like my delicious holiday salad http://bamskitchen.com/dietary-restrictions/glutenfree/dried-cranberry-sugar-glazed-pecan-holiday-mixed-greens-salad-with-2-types-of-dressing/and you are good to go.
2) Prosciutto wrapped chicken with feta and roasted peppers http://bamskitchen.com/dietary-restrictions/glutenfree/prosciutto-wrapped-chicken-with-spinach-and-feta-and-roasted-peppers/is a stunning recipe that shows a mosaic of colors once your cut a slice. Stuffed chicken breasts with spinach, roasted red and yellow peppers, feta cheese with a caramalized onion and mushroom confetti with herbs, butter and a little white wine all rolled up and wrapped in a blanket of Italian prosciutto and topped it off with a simple sauce de jour. The chicken stays super moist because of the prosciutto wrapped around it. You can do the prep work before your guests arrive so all you need to do is pop these in the oven and then serve with a sauce de jours on top. A side of roasted potatoes/pesto rice and French style green beans and your meal is complete.
3) My recipe for rosemary herb pork chops with shallot wine sauce http://bamskitchen.com/dietary-restrictions/glutenfree/rosemary-herbed-pork-chops-with-shallot-wine-sauce/ has been pinned 1000’s of times on Pinterest and I have to say if you are looking for a recipe that tastes like a million bucks, looks like a million bucks but takes only 30 minutes from start to finish, then this is your recipe. Thick center cut bone in pork chops with fresh rosemary and herbs and a shallot wine sauce that tastes Maybe a side of herb wild grain rice and roasted carrots and you are done like dinner. If you like to cook or like to read recipes, please take a moment to join me on Pinterest and join in on the fun. I also love to pin recipes I want to try by other food bloggers and this list is getting big!!! http://www.pinterest.com/bamskitchen/.
4) My topless butternut ravioli with a creamy wild mushroom sauce is another show stopper http://bamskitchen.com/international-cuisines/italian-cuisine/topless-butternut-ravioli-with-a-creamy-wild-mushroom-sauce/. This towering stack of butternut ravioli will satisfy all of your cravings. It has a creamy wild mushroom sauce with herbs, savory sautéed chicken, naturally sweet roasted butternut squash, cheesy gouda and even has a crispy fried ravioli toppings. You can serve either as an open face ravioli or as a lasagna. The lasagna version of this dish is great for those of you that like to be out socialising with your guests instead of in the kitchen.
5) Anja’s amazing one pan steinbeisser dish is another simple and easy dish that you can have already prepared and then just pop in the oven and join your guests for a glass of wine or a cocktail, http://bamskitchen.com/international-cuisines/german-cuisine/anjas-amazing-one-pan-steinbeisser-dish/. This one pan steinbeisser fish dish is outrageous simple to make but has some amazing diverse European flavors. The German Steinbeisser fish is firm, tender and flaky and delicate. The Spanish chorizo is spicy and made a crunchy delectable topping for the fish. The Italian tomatoes and German sweet potatoes are sweet and the French Herbs De Provence fragrance is a fresh bouquet of flavors. Feel free to subsitute with your fish of choice such as mahi mahi, cod or tilapea.
6) Lamb roast is not just for Easter! http://bamskitchen.com/dietary-restrictions/glutenfree/slow-roasted-rosemary-lamb-with-caramelized-onion-gravy/. I also have a quick an easy mint sauce recipe you will love too.
7) G’Day mate. Is Santa Claus celebrating the holiday in his Burmuda swim trunks? Then my bacon wrapped pork tenderloin on the BBQ grill with a few cold drinks is the perfect way to celebrate a balmy holiday dinner. A lean pork tenderloin stuffed with spicy italian pork sausages and herbs, wrapped in pieces of crispy bacon and a spicy pepper crust. http://bamskitchen.com/mains/pork/bacon-wrapped-sausage-stuffed-pork-tenderloin/
8) For those of you on the opposite ends of the world and have waist deep snow, Tuscan slow cooked braised beef in wine sauce http://bamskitchen.com/mains/beef/tuscan-slow-braised-beef/ is sure to please. Tuscan slow Cooked Braised Beef in Wine Sauce is a great holiday meal to prepare while you are tending to all of your other affairs such as gift wrapping, tree decorating, writing holiday cards or even baking holiday cookies. Tuscan Slow Cooked Braised Beef in Wine Sauce takes no effort at all to prepare and is a wonderful one pot dish. This dish is very comforting and warming and the meat is so tender and succulent you can cut it with a spoon. Don’t forget some good crusty Tuscan bread to soak up all of those wonderful juices.
9) For my dear vegetarian friends homemade pasta ravioli in a sage butter sauce is lovely http://bamskitchen.com/international-cuisines/italian-cuisine/florences-homemade-pasta-ravioli-in-sage-butter-sauce/.
10) A slow roasted chicken or several chickens, if you have hungry teenagers, is a simple but elegant way to bring in the holidays. http://bamskitchen.com/dietary-restrictions/glutenfree/savory-herbed-roasted-whole-chicken/
Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday from our home to yours!